Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mushroom ID project on the Rio Shiripuno in Huaorani Territory

Whether one believes in rebirth
or not
and whether one believes in religion
or not
there isn´t anyone who doesn´t appreciate
kindness and compassion.
Dalai Lamai
I try to live by this quote...
I discovered this quote after the irresponsible and untimely death
of my wonderful, kind and loving younger brother David J Guidry.
He was one of the most honorable and kind people you could ever meet
if you treated him and the people around him with kindness your cup would
overflow. Not in the material sense.
I think about him most everyday and miss him dearly, I´m crying as I write this 4 weeks from his birthday and almost 2 years after that tragic evening.
I know this will probably make my mom cry, but I had to send out some positive energy in his name.
Now for some fungi....
Coprinus dessiminatus
Hygrocybe miniata
A tiny bagre´ I caught. There are billions of fish in in this damn river and you would think I was a fish leper.
Look at his fat catfish(bagre) belly.
The Yasuni sunset


I went to Yasuni National Park to do some mushroom ID stuff and make a poster with some interesting mushrooms you might see on the trails. Julie talked to the owner of Shiripuno lodge about my mushroom geekdom so they paid my basic expenses and gave me room and board for 5 days. Basically I was hanging out in th jungle going along on the tours. The tourists can really wear you out especially when they complain. The French people were nice but they DO NOT BELONG IN THE FOREST. I mean that. I can say that a hot shower is nice though...I don´t really shower that often. I would be considered disgusting by most western standards. I consider most western standards disgusting anyway. I like being stinky.

I can also say I´d like a good game of 1-2 no limit texas hold em.

I´m not a good journalist. I´m better at laking about these things than writing

Ok a poem I guess

When we stand alone
in woody stands far
from any place,
we can wonder why people
are so cruel.

Why must we destroy everything
for a coca cola, a candy bar, a barrel of diesel.
This place in which I stand
only stands due to
The People (The Huaorani) (Wow-ranny)
they refer to us as cannibals
we definately are willing to consome everything
including ourselves.
Do you really own the things you have?

We´ve called them savages
but they knew more about everything
then we know about
anything.

texaco,repsol,mobil, conaco,shell...etc
and all the little unimportant idiots
that run the money machines
go fuck yourselves.

I think I believe in karma.
I´m not a christian
or evangelist.
Let the world and true human culture thrive or.
Death. or.
Death and rebirth. and.
I just can´t believe you burn for eternity for not
believing
in some superstition.
you should believe something because
it helps you spread kindness and
understanding. The age of doctrine and dogma is dead.
The boat will sink.

thank you.





Hairy cucina
Ganoderma Applanatum

Jelly tooth
Pluerotus ostreatus Lepiota species(green spored buddy)


3 comments:

julikins said...

i love you puffin

laurie said...

all for keeping your loving brother's memory alive!!! Love you bunches!!!

Guyon said...

thx for keeping the bandwidth low so i can enjoy this from class...